Jack stands up for Iowans who need a voice, on issues ranging from civil rights to clean water. He’s a tireless advocate for our rights and our quality of life.
- Created IMAGES (Iowa’s state-supported minority education scholarship program)
- Created an education scholarship program to help foster kids attend our state universities
- Co-sponsored Earned Income Tax Credits for low income earners
- Co-sponsored Anti-Bullying reforms in our schools
- Protection against discrimination to gays and lesbians in housing and employment
- Support Women’s Right to Choose family planning
- Co-sponsored Car Title and Payday Loan reforms
- Sponsored Real Estate Appraisal Reforms
For his leadership, Jack received recognition as the Political Strategist Award from the Iowa Citizens Action Network, the Community Service Award Rob Borsellino/Beth El Jacob Award, and the Legislative Policy Award from the Progressive States Network.